Business touch points
Marketing activities affect EVERY area of your business. Anywhere in your business that requires external or internal interaction between people is a marketing activity which needs a combination of communication & sales skills. Even if you’re the accountant or in admin you have to sell yourself, negotiate, get a positive response, overcome barriers & encourage a result that satisfies both parties. You do it with friends as well.
Key Business Touch Points
- businessSMARTS . . . business strategy, viability, feasibility, challenge the concept, planning and diagnostics
- marketSMARTS . . . marketing, communications, product, pricing, marketplace and targeting
- salesSMARTS . . . setting targets, managing the sales pipeline, measuring effectiveness
- webSMARTS . . . web design, strategy, e-commerce, copy writing, improving SEO, using social media
- clientSMARTS . . . understanding the psychology behind why customers make purchase decisions
- peopleSMARTS . . . finding the right people to do the job, outsourcing vs in-house, profiling, job descriptions
- financeSMARTS . . . growing your business, understanding the numbers, cash flow analysis, tax & GST
- manageSMARTS . . . planning, process, procedure and administration
- systemSMARTS . . . using technology and systems to optimise efficiency
- partnerSMARTS . . . forming complementary alliances and partnerships
- infoSMARTS . . . using marketplace knowledge and client feedback to build loyal client relationships
These services are accessible directly through marketSMARTS or an affiliate partner who may have “better working knowledge” of a specific discipline.
Choose the right “mix and match” solution for your business
marketSMARTS offers you “mix and match” services which you can select according to the specific area of your business requiring the most attention. And if you’re not sure which part of your business requires the most attention we use a logical “step up” approach to help you establish an initial start point. You can start at step 1, or insert yourself into the process at a point that makes logical sense in terms of where you are at in your knowledge or business growth. No one size fits all.
Advice & Consulting . . . identify your business gaps, develop strategy, prioritise actions and point you in the right direction.
Up-skill and train . . . we train your team so that you can implement your programme internally, and over time improve capability to DIY.
Outsource implementation . . . we do it for you – either marketSMARTS or an alliance partner who may be better suited to a “feet on the ground” scenario.
Virtual Manager Programme . . . we point you in the right direction, you implement the programme and we quality control and manage the process to keep you on track, prepare briefs and oversee vendors.
To ascertain a start point for your programme you can conduct a . . .
1. Checklist . . . asks the question “Are you doing it” and summarises gaps
2. Health Check . . . asks the questions “are you doing it, should you do it and how important is it – report includes a summary of strengths and weaknesses
3. Full Review . . . asks the questions “are you doing it, should you do it, how important is it, and how well have you done it – report includes summary of strengths and weaknesses, scorecard rating, graphs and a priority action list.
4. Business Gap Assessment. . . ideal to identify business gaps against an industry standard, your internal goals and external client expectation. > read more