SME Business in New Zealand
SME business in New Zealand
Did you know that around 92% of New Zealand businesses employ less than ten people, and that over 80% of small businesses fail in the first 3 years? There is an increasing demand for expert support, advice, tools and processes that are effective, affordable and practical. And it’s even more critical during challenging economic times.
Most companies need specialist expertise and skills in key areas to be successful in a competitive business environment. Unfortunately it’s not always affordable to employ a team of full time ‘experts’. Businesses are constantly faced with the dilemma of which expertise is most needed at a particular moment in time in order to achieve ongoing growth and reach their business goals.
Business owners who need to outsource often get frustrated juggling the various providers across each of the marketing disciplines. Providers may provide good expertise in their specific discipline, but are often “blind” to the other business disciplines outside their area of expertise. This results in “pressuring” the client towards a solution that is perhaps not the best option to solve their problem.
Services across key business touch points
Although marketSMARTS core business is marketing and sales, everyone in our team or alliance partner is also a SME business owner with extensive general business knowledge in addition to their key specialist areas. We provide advice, support or training across the key business touch points.
These services are accessible directly through either marketSMARTS or an affiliate partner who has “better working knowledge” of a specific discipline.
- businessSMARTS . . . business strategy, viability, feasibility, challenge the concept, planning and diagnostics
- marketSMARTS . . . marketing, communications, product, pricing, marketplace and targeting
- salesSMARTS . . . setting targets, managing the sales pipeline, measuring effectiveness
- webSMARTS . . . web design, strategy, e-commerce, copy writing, improving SEO, using social media
- clientSMARTS . . . understanding the psychology behind why customers make purchase decisions
- peopleSMARTS . . . finding the right people to do the job, outsourcing vs in-house, profiling, job descriptions
- financeSMARTS . . . growing your business, understanding the numbers, cash flow analysis, tax & GST
- manageSMARTS . . . planning, process, procedure and administration
- systemSMARTS . . . using technology and systems to optimise efficiency
- partnerSMARTS . . . forming complementary alliances and partnerships
- infoSMARTS . . . using marketplace knowledge and client feedback to build loyal client relationships
Choose the right “mix and match” solution for your business
- identify your gaps
- establish a start point
- gain focus
- choose whether you want to conduct a:
- Checklist – FREE
- Health Check – $490
- Full Review – $950
- Perception GAP Analysis – between management, staff or customers – $1,200
- Checklist – FREE
- we point you in the right direction
- up-skill your own team and implement the programme yourself
- we implement the programme for you
- we manage and oversee performance and outcomes
- measurement criteria
- you manage the programme
- we manage the programme through a “Virtual Manager”
- help you select the right supplier or vendor
marketSMARTS offers you a “mix and match” approach to work with us across your business touch points. You can select these according to the specific area of your business requiring the most attention.
We draw up the game plan . . . provide you with strategic oversight and point you in the right direction
We up-skill someone in your team . . . train and mentor individuals or teams in your company to do the “doing” and implement the programme
We implement the programme . . . either our own core team or another Outsource vendor with specialist expertise
We manage it for you . . . Virtual Manager option to keep the programme running smoothly can oversee your team and supervise vendor outsourcing.
If you’re not sure which solution to choose
If you’re not sure which part of your business requires the most attention we use a logical “step up” approach to help you establish an initial start point.
You can start at step 1, or insert yourself into the process at a point that makes logical sense in terms of where you are at in your business growth. No one size fits all.
You can select your options suit the way you like to work, matches your budget or current knowledge level, and you can stop-start at any point of the process . . . use us or someone else.
Each step has been designed to “stand alone”, so if you decide you want to use us for a particular step, and someone else in another step, the information is yours to take and use as you wish.
But we hope you use us.
Step 1 – Business GAP Assessment
Step 2 – Choose the approach that best suits you
Step 3 – We prepare an Action Plan & Critical Path
Step 4 – Choose how you would like to implement the programme
Simple as that!
NOTE: all prices quoted exclude GST